LED Light Diffusing Opal Acrylic disc
LEDs are long-lasting, energy-efficient light sources. However, the difficulties of LED light sources are that they consist of an array of many small diodes that create intense points of light. Such points are known as "hotspots". Moreover, it is made in different kinds of materials, such as polycarbonate and acrylic. The acrylic acts as the best plastic for lighting diffuser. These diffusers help in creating even lighting surfaces.
Why opt for Light diffusers?
Here are the reasons why you should opt for plastic for lighting diffuser:
● You can reduce the discomfort faced by your eyes or the headaches you get due to the LED lights in your workplace and at home. Using light diffusers, take the edge off bright fluorescent and LED lighting.
● These light diffusers only allow about 37% of the light to pass through, giving uniform diffusion. This makes it an ideal option for controlling LED lights. They create light dispersion without subjecting you to glaring sunlight.
● It is excellent for workplaces as it softens the room and creates an atmosphere for the eyes. Hence, your eyes are not strained the entire day.
● These sheets are durable and are scratchproof, shatterproof and impact resistant.
● Made from UV rays, these sheets assure you that they will not turn yellow or deteriorate over a prolonged period.
● They are available in different sizes so that you can use them for all your light fittings accordingly.
Two different types of plastic sheets used for light diffusing-
Two different kinds of sheets are used for diffusing LED lights. Namely, acrylic and Polycarbonate. The polycarbonate sheets can operate at a higher temperature and have superior flammability characteristics.
Why choose plastic for lighting diffuser over polycarbonate sheets?
The acrylic sheets are used for various things like Commercial lighting fixtures, Point-of-purchase displays, and Backlit signs. Acrylic sheets are known to have superior optical properties compared to Polycarbonate. These sheets are easy to fabricate and offer a good light transmission range. In addition, they are very effective in diffusing hotspots.
Acrylic sheets have outstanding optical properties. They are known to have the highest light transmission of any plastic material. In addition, they are naturally UV stable for outdoor use (and available in grades with enhanced UV stability).
LED light diffusing acrylics are engineered to diffuse hot spots while maintaining very high light transmission.
These sheets are highly malleable and can be cut and shaped in different requirements. The cut surfaces can be smoothed using sandpaper very quickly. These sheets are Weather resistant and can be used as an alternative for glass windows where you wish to diffuse light.
These sheets are more robust than standard glass and are, therefore, shatter-resistant. You can use them both indoors and outdoors as per your choice. A lifespan of a minimum of 20 years can be expected from these acrylic sheets because of their breakproof features. It can sustain that time without deterioration.
Plastic for lighting diffuser evenly diffuses LED lighting by eliminating 'hotspots' caused by individual LEDs. These are supplied in diameters up to 2030mm and are available in 3mm and 5mm thicknesses. In addition, you have the facility of Opal (off-white) gloss finish. It is generally Lightweight, which makes it easy to carry around and Recyclable. It can be recycled back to the original raw material.
Acrylic sheets at Wholesale POS are effortless to clean, with just warm soapy water and a microfibre cloth needed to ensure a clean finish.