Unit 6 Runwell Hall Farm,
Hoe Lane, Rettendon, Chelmsford,
Essex, CM3 8DQ
How to Care Acrylic Splashbacks
Acrylic sheets are used for multiple purposes. These transparent, lightweight and ultra-tough sheets are widely used across the world. The acrylic splashbacks are crafted to replicate the usages of glass. Made with thermoplastic, acrylic sheets offer outstanding strength and longevity. Made with polymethyl methacrylate, acrylic sheets are highly weather-resistant and can be used in all weather conditions.Here in this article, we will help you understand how to care for your perspex splashbacks.
Acrylic is durable and easy to maintain. Thus it can be stored anywhere. However, there are a few things that one should keep in mind:
- Acrylic is thermoplastic; thus, one shouldn't use coloured acrylic sheets in high temperatures or direct heat. Its characteristics can be impacted under extreme heat conditions.
- Placing or storing acrylic in hot environment conditions can warp the sheet; it can even expand or bend the material. However, this condition occurs when the temperature exceeds 100 degrees Fahrenheit or 38 degrees Celsius.
- In case you're looking for long-term storage, you should use a protective film for additional protection. You can also use any plastic to maintain the good condition of the material.
- Acrylic is scratchable; thus, it is advised to use an additional protective film or sheet to keep your acrylic safer for a long time. You can, however, remove scratches from acrylic fairly easily.
Acrylic sheets are easy to maintain, and even the cleaning process doesn't take much time. The longevity and strength of the sheet depending on how hygienic it is. You do not need any additional cleaning material for acrylic, and it can be wiped clean and disinfected with the majority of regular home cleaners.
This easy-to-maintain feature makes acrylic splashbacks a perfect choice for household purposes. Here's a quick guide to keeping your acrylic and perspex splashbacks clean:
- Blow dust and debris instead of wiping: It is advisable to avoid using brushes and cloth to wipe out the dust. Rather use a blower to blow off the dust.
- Use warm soapy water and microfiber cloth: Avoid using harsh chemicals in the cleaning liquid. Ensure that you always use warm and soapy water and a soft microfiber cloth to clean it. Also, do not put pressure during the cleaning.
- Polish with special plastic polish: Do not use general shines to polish the acrylic. Always use professional polish for the best finish. You can easily find a polish that has been specifically designed for acrylic.
- Avoid using ammonia-based products on acrylic: Ammonia-based products for acrylic are a big no! You should also avoid using regular glass cleaners on acrylic splashbacks.
- Air dry after cleaning: After cleaning the perspex splashbacks, do not wipe them with a dry cloth as it can cause scratches. Just leave it to air dry.
So this is how you can keep the coloured acrylic sheet protected for a long time. With the help of the cleaning and storing tips mentioned here, you can't just increase the life of your acrylic splashbacks but can also save money.
With this, we come to an end to caring and storing guides of acrylic sheets. As you've seen, storing and cleaning perspex splashbacks is fairly easy and not labour intensive. Contact us for more range of our products!
By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://wholesalepos.com/